Legal Counsel from the Ground Up
The process of closing a commercial real estate deal can be very complex, from negotiating the purchase price to protecting your interests and minimizing risk. We handle the full gamut of real estate transactions and litigation in a pragmatic and cost-sensitive manner. Our diverse client base includes lenders and borrowers, developers, property buyers and sellers, REITs, real estate agents and brokers, construction companies, and engineering and architectural firms.
Backed by decades of industry experience, our legal representation spans:
- Purchase, sale or refinance of real estate
- Performance of due diligence on real estate transactions
- Zoning and permitting issues with government agencies
- Negotiations of leases with landlords or tenants
- Review of sales agreements, chain of title and insurance policies
- Analysis of tax issues and abatements
- Creation of joint ventures or other corporate entities for the purchase of property
- Disputes involving breach of contract claims, environmental issues, zoning and land use rights
We are proud that many clients rely on our firm during the entire project lifecycle – from acquisition to entitlement through construction and disposition – and then call on us to do it again when the time comes for redevelopment.
- Represented a foreign real estate developer in a multi-million dollar lawsuit involving claims of fraud and conspiracy.
- Prosecuted confession of judgment action and defense of lender liability claim arising from real estate construction loan resulting in complete recovery of debt as well as an award of $500,000 in attorneys’ fees.
- Achieved favorable settlement for investors in real estate transaction where $1 million deposit was wrongfully released from escrow and the deal never closed.
- Represented major real estate developer in defense of fraudulent transfer litigation seeking recovery of $20 million arising from the Arthur D. Little bankruptcy case in Massachusetts.
- Secured preliminary injunction for client preventing the disposition of proceeds from the sale of property in anticipation of proof of partnership and request for charging order, and successfully negotiated resolution of dispute after a bankruptcy filing by putative partner.
- Successfully pursued a breach of commercial lease matter on behalf of a large Philadelphia tenant which resulted in the client saving several million dollars on the remaining lease payments.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in prosecuting and defending against confessions of judgments filed in Pennsylvania courts, including execution on real estate. Successfully recovered in excess of $8 million on behalf of a real estate developer in a breach of contract action against a commercial tenant.
We are pleased to announce that Andrew Eckert obtained a defense verdict in a matter stemming from the construction and sale of a new home in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Andrew represented the builder. Plaintiff alleged that the builder breached its contract, and also asserted claims of fraud, replevin, and violations of Pennsylvania’s Unfair Trade Practices…