Jami’s practice is focused on bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, out-of-court workouts, and bankruptcy litigation, as well as commercial and business litigation. Jami represents all types of interested parties in bankruptcy cases with a strong focus on non-debtor representations. In the past, Jami has represented secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees and individual committee members, contract counterparties, landlords, tenants, asset purchasers, and parties in avoidance action litigation. In her litigation practice, Jami represents parties in commercial disputes, including contract disputes, debt recovery matters, real estate disputes, and judgment collection and enforcement.
Jami has an active practice in the State of Delaware and manages the Firm’s Delaware office.
For the last 11 years, Jami’s peers have selected her as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer®, an honor conferred upon the top 5% of lawyers in Pennsylvania (2007-2018)
ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Business Law Committee
- Delaware Bar Association
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Successfully obtained dismissal of Chapter 7 corporate bankruptcy case filed in bad faith to avoid a judgment and disposition of property to satisfy the judgment and obtained a significant award of sanctions against the debtor, its principal and counsel.
- Member of team representing the primary lender to Chapter 11 debtors owning and operating New York area airport hotels in bankruptcy cases in Pennsylvania.
- Represented manufacturer in a multi-million dollar asset purchase from a Chapter 11 debtor in Delaware.
- Assisted professional representing fiduciary in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case in resolving disputes with government watchdog.
- Secured preliminary injunction for client preventing the disposition of proceeds from the sale of property in anticipation of proof of partnership and request for charging order, and successfully negotiated resolution of dispute after a bankruptcy filing by putative partner.
- Represented major real estate developer in defense of fraudulent transfer litigation seeking recovery of $20 million arising from the Arthur D. Little bankruptcy case in Massachusetts.
- Successfully defended a multi-million dollar claim against supplier of commercial goods under Article 2 of the UCC, and secured judgment against plaintiff on counterclaim.
- Successfully prosecuted a breach of contract claim in favor of clinical research organization against foreign sponsor of clinical trial and recovered full judgment amount.
- Successfully prosecuted claim of financial advisor against former employer for $1.1 million in commission and capital in the business.
- Successfully prosecuted confession of judgment action and defense of lender liability claim resulting from a real estate loan, resulting in complete recovery of debt. The matter was appealed to the Superior Court of Pennsylvania and the decision affirmed, as well as an award of $500,000 in attorneys’ fees.
- Successfully represented purchaser of business under stock purchase agreement in private arbitration and related state court litigation involving claims brought by purchaser for breaches of financial representations and warranties made in the agreement and claims brought by seller of business.