Helping Public Entities Succeed
With significant experience and professional knowledge of the government sector, we represent municipal, county and state-level government entities, as well as housing authorities and quasi-governmental bodies.
On the transactional front, our attorneys have decades of experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal instruments that governmental entities often use, including leases and intergovernmental contracts.
Our litigators have successfully litigated federal and state court cases on behalf of governmental entities involving civil rights, such as excessive use-of-force claims, eminent domain matters, tax assessment appeals and claims alleging illegal government policy and customs. We have also handled employment discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge and tort claims.
From simple questions regarding the Sunshine and Open Records laws to complex issues involving litigation defense, we provide government clients with superior and efficient representation.
- Represented Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in Wage and Hour action brought by class of corrections officers concerning time spent for roll call and doff and don.
- Represented Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in Wage and Hour Act action brought by class of nursing home skilled nurses asserting a miscalculation of overtime.
- Negotiated favorable municipal settlement of claim stemming from breach of waste water treatment plant operating agreement.
- Successfully defended a former township employee against alleged violations of the federal and Pennsylvania Stored Communications Acts brought by municipality.
- Represented Department of Human Services in class action case alleging that the Department’s policies and procedures, and implementation thereof, violated constitution rights of the youth in its care.
- Successfully defended a former government official from breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by her former employer.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of municipal client stemming from breach of Waste Water facilities agreement.
- Performed investigation for federal agency in advance of filing actions against directors and officers of failed financial institutions.
- Between 2012 and 2017, Raymond McGarry served as the Solicitor for Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Ray had primary responsibility for all of the County’s legal matters. In addition to managing the legal work for the County, Ray acted as General Counsel to the Commissioners on a wide variety of legal and policy issues.
CLM Southeast Conference Panelist
Sigmund J. Fleck: Municipal Liability We are proud to note that our partner, Sigmund Fleck, recently had the opportunity to serve as a panelist for CLM’s Municipal Liability Section during CLM’s Southeast Conference in Atlanta in November 2018. Sigmund’s panel featured a discussion of the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent decision in Lozman v. City of…