Working at the Crossroads of Science and Business
Pharmaceutical companies face a range of challenges and opportunities involved in the development, manufacture, marketing and sales of pharmaceutical products and generic drugs. We advise pharmaceutical companies on virtually all aspects of their business and at all stages of their lifecycle, from financing, employment, M&A, corporate compliance, due diligence, litigation, product liability and more. We seek to quickly and effectively clear regulatory hurdles while protecting your reputation, intellectual property and other assets.
Our lawyers have served as local counsel for a number of large pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributers in cases involving anti-trust, patent and opioid issues in federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and Delaware.
- Successfully prosecuted breach of contract claim in favor of clinical research organization against foreign sponsor of clinical trial and recovered full judgment amount.
- Counselled start-up nutritional supplement company.
- Negotiated resolution of non-compete dispute between companies engaged in the genetic testing industry.
- Drafted Confidentiality, Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Agreement for clinical research organization.
- Successfully represented an international drug manufacturer in the defense of a class action complaint alleging that the defendants violated the antitrust, unfair competition, and/or consumer protection laws of 39 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico by entering into allegedly anticompetitive settlements of three separate federal patent infringement suits relating to one of the drugs they manufacture.
- Part of team defending drug distribution in action brought by state attorney general.
- Part of team representing generic drug manufacturer in anti-trust case.