Helping Non-Profits to Make a Difference
While many non-profits are motivated to do good in the world, forming and operating a successful non-profit requires business acumen and attention to complex state and federal laws. At Brown McGarry Nimeroff, we help non-profits address the operational, governance and compliance issues that are unique to their industry. We provide a wide range of services to many charitable and tax-exempt organizations, advising on all aspects of organization and management:
- Governance, membership, and board disputes
- Premises liability
- Employment practices liability
- Contract negotiations and disputes
Our non-profit clients appreciate our advocacy and counsel, and know that our goal is to help them thrive in any non-profit setting.
- Represented approved private school client in FERPA dispute.
- Represented approved private school clients in contested IEP meetings.
- Liaison between special education school and law enforcement in intra-student disputes resulting in criminal charges.
- Draft policies and procedures for approved private school clients regarding all facets of operations.
- Provide counsel and advocacy services to approved private school client in acquisition of school and transfer of license.