Andrew Eckert’s practice focuses on civil litigation, servicing both corporate and individual clients spanning a wide variety of industries. Mr. Eckert has successfully litigated matters involving shareholder disputes, construction defects, personal injury, product liability, premises liability, liquor liability, liability carrier bad faith and criminal defense. He has conducted numerous jury trials, bench trials, commercial arbitrations and appellate matters in both State, Civil and Orphans Court, as well as Federal Court.
Mr. Eckert is consistently recognized by Main Line Today as a Top Lawyer and has been recognized for achievement in civil and commercial litigation. He has lectured new admittees to the Pennsylvania Bar on issues faced by young attorneys.
Before beginning his practice Mr. Eckert served as a law clerk to the Honorable Louis J. Farina, President Judge of the Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas.
ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Chester County Bar Association
- Chester County Advisory Board for the American Red Cross
- Villanova Alumni Association
- Obtained defense verdict at trial in favor of majority shareholder in shareholder dispute litigation
- Obtained award in favor of defendant at partition matter, as well as award on counterclaim in favor of client for improvements made to commercial property.
- Obtained decision overturning tax sale of commercial property and return of ownership of property to client.
- Obtained verdict in favor of plaintiff collision repair facility in matter arising from storage charges.
- Obtained defense verdict at jury trial in favor of client in slip and fall matter;
- Represented hospitality client in negotiation of rental and improvement agreement.
- Obtained award in favor of commercial property owner vacating mechanics lien.
Andrew Eckert was named a 2022 Top Civil Litigation lawyer of the Main Line and Western Suburbs by Main Line Today. Congratulations, Andy!
Brown McGarry Nimeroff LLC is pleased to announce that two of our associates have been elected to the firm’s partnership. Please join us in welcoming and congratulating Scott Klein and Andrew Eckert as new partners, effective January 1, 2021. Both Mr. Klein and Mr. Eckert joined the firm in 2016. Mr….
On March 18, 2020, the President signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) into law. The information contained herein comes from the text of the FFCRA as well as a Department of Labor posting guidance dated March 24, 2020. For DOL Q&A, click here. The FFCRA establishes a right to paid sick leave for…
We are pleased to announce that Andrew Eckert obtained a defense verdict in a matter stemming from the construction and sale of a new home in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Andrew represented the builder. Plaintiff alleged that the builder breached its contract, and also asserted claims of fraud, replevin, and violations of Pennsylvania’s Unfair Trade Practices…