Sigmund J. Fleck has an extensive background representing creditors in commercial and private banking loan workouts, collection, bankruptcy, and lender liability matters.Sigmund also provides counsel and advocacy services to a wide range of closely held businesses and professionals on topics including corporate compliance, financing, entity formation, employment disputes, partnership disputes, equipment leasing issues, and complex commercial transactions and litigation. Sigmund regularly represents commercial insureds dealing with complex losses, and he has significant experience handling stormwater claims in that arena. He has represented clients in appellate matters before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Commonwealth Court and Superior Court, as well as the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
Sigmund has conducted numerous jury trials, bench trials, commercial arbitrations, and hearings, and has received a Martindale Hubble AV peer review rating. He regularly provides advocacy and counseling services to Approved Private School clients in special education matters, general school law, human resources and employment, as well as general legal matters, and he has extensive experience representing municipal entities in litigation, with a concentration in handling disputes stemming from waste water management contracts.
Sigmund served in the United States Navy for 21 years, retiring as a Commander in 2008.
ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Chester County Bar Association
- East Goshen Township Zoning Hearing Board
- Executive Board of the Boy Scouts of America’s Chester County Council, Vestry of St. Francis in the Fields Episcopal Church, Willistown Township
- Obtained verdict and complete recovery on conversion claim resulting from sale of bank collateral.
- Obtained precedential decision affirming the continued vitality of the absolute priority rule in personal Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases on behalf of the creditor.
- Successfully defended creditor’s entry of judgment against attack based on alleged violations of equal credit opportunity act’s regulation B.
- Obtained multimillion-dollar judgment against defaulting guarantor and successfully defended judgment before Superior Court.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of municipal client stemming from breach of Waste Water facilities agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of Chapter 11 case on feasibility grounds.
- Orchestrated successful liquidation of equipment and real estate for defunct millwork company.
- Negotiated favorable municipal settlement of claim stemming from breach of waste water treatment plant operating agreement.
- Negotiated sale and represented lender in successful sale of OREO property.
Sigmund J. Fleck: Municipal Liability We are proud to note that our partner, Sigmund Fleck, recently had the opportunity to serve as a panelist for CLM’s Municipal Liability Section during CLM’s Southeast Conference in Atlanta in November 2018. Sigmund’s panel featured a discussion of the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent decision in Lozman v. City of…