Scott Klein’s practice is split between commercial litigation and business and finance matters. Scott’s commercial litigation practice is focused on the representation of creditors in commercial and private banking loan work-outs, collection, and lender liability matters. He also has extensive experience representing clients in transportation, construction, and general business litigation. Scott’s business and finance practice includes representation of financial institutions and private lenders, as well as individuals and small businesses, on a wide array of matters including financing, entity formation, employment issues, real estate, equipment leasing, and complex commercial transactions.
Scott has conducted numerous jury trials, bench trials, commercial arbitrations, and appellate matters in both State and Federal Court, and he has litigated appellate matters in Pennsylvania Superior, Commonwealth, and Supreme Courts.
Scott’s success led to his selection as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” in Philadelphia Magazine in 2013 and 2015-2019, as well as being named a “Top Lawyer” by Main Line Today Magazine in 2015-2017 and 2019-2021. Prior to joining the firm, Scott worked with two regional law firms and the McKean County District Attorney’s office.
ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Chester County Bar Association
- West Bradford Planning Commission
- West Bradford Youth Association Board of Directors
- Recovered multimillion-dollar real estate collateral portfolio for commercial bank after multiple challenges raised by debtor in State Court and multiple Bankruptcy Court proceedings.
- Obtained six-figure trial verdict for construction equipment leasing company after recovery of collateral.
- Successfully defended client in a week-long injunction hearing alleging breach of non-compete agreement and theft of trade secrets.
- Represented investment group purchasing commercial bank notes secured by shopping center; completed foreclosure and assisted in stabilizing property.
- Represented regional bank in selling REO commercial condominium development.
- Advised 3rd party healthcare service provider startup business.
- Provide counsel and transactional services to national beverage manufacturer on capital funding initiative, vendor, and distributorship agreements.
- Represented start-up real estate investment company.
- Advised private equity lender in forming real estate holding company.
- Represented client in acquisition of multiple regional heating oil supplier.
- Represented client in purchasing bar and restaurant.
- Represented private lender in restructuring multi-million-dollar loan portfolio with multi-state retailer.
- Successfully foreclosed and recovered shopping center collateral for private lender client.
- Obtained multi-million-dollar judgment for bank client against defaulted agricultural borrower and successfully prosecuted claims through Chapter 12 proceedings.
- Restructured multi-loan portfolio for regional bank to medical care provider.
- Represented approved private school client in FERPA dispute.
- Represented approved private school clients in contested IEP meetings.
- Liaison between special education school and law enforcement in intra-student disputes resulting in criminal charges.
- Draft policies and procedures for approved private school clients regarding all facets of operations
- Provide counsel and advocacy services to approved private school client in acquisition of school and transfer of license.
Brown McGarry Nimeroff LLC is pleased to announce that two of our associates have been elected to the firm’s partnership. Please join us in welcoming and congratulating Scott Klein and Andrew Eckert as new partners, effective January 1, 2021. Both Mr. Klein and Mr. Eckert joined the firm in 2016. Mr….
On March 18, 2020, the President signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) into law. The information contained herein comes from the text of the FFCRA as well as a Department of Labor posting guidance dated March 24, 2020. For DOL Q&A, click here. The FFCRA establishes a right to paid sick leave for…