Ray is a seasoned litigator and trial lawyer with nearly 30 years of experience. Ray’s practice involves diverse areas of commercial litigation, including real estate, corporate/shareholder disputes, contracts, banking, trade secrets and restrictive covenants, and product liability litigation.
In addition to his commercial litigation work, Ray also has extensive experience handling employment litigation matters, including claims of discrimination, harassment, wage and hour violations, defamation, non-compete violations, and wrongful discharge claims. Ray also provides counseling services to clients regarding the employment relationship, such as guidance regarding employment contracts, severance packages and restrictive covenants.
ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Abington Board of School Directors (1997 – Present)
- Recovered in excess of $15 million on behalf of a real estate developer in litigation alleging commercial fraud and conspiracy claims.
- Successfully pursued a breach of commercial lease matter on behalf of a large Philadelphia tenant which resulted in the client saving several million dollars on the remaining lease payments.
- Significant jury verdict on behalf of a client in the health services industry who sought damages for fraud in the inducement in connection with the purchase of a medical practice.
- Successfully defended a former government official from breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by her former employer.
- Successfully recovered in excess of $8 million on behalf of a real estate developer in a breach of contract action against a commercial tenant.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an imaging center in a medical malpractice action in which the radiologist admitted liability for missing a brain tumor on an MRI scan.
On March 18, 2020, the President signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) into law. The information contained herein comes from the text of the FFCRA as well as a Department of Labor posting guidance dated March 24, 2020. For DOL Q&A, click here. The FFCRA establishes a right to paid sick leave for…