Matthew E. McGuire has decades of experience in the insurance industry representing insureds and litigating cases involving product liability, environmental damage, motor vehicle law, contract, premises liability, service/hotel industry, construction, automotive, bad faith, coverage, governmental immunity and eminent domain issues. Matthew also represents insurance companies and others with bad faith and coverage issues. In his career, Matthew has tried dozens of cases to a jury verdict in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania, as well as over one-hundred arbitrations.
Matthew has been named one of the Rising Stars to watch and a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® by Philadelphia Magazine. Matthew was recognized for his achievement in Civil Litigation Defense, General Litigation and Business Litigation.
Matthew is also selected as a Chester County Arbitration Chairman to decide compulsory Common Pleas Arbitrations.
ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- East Whiteland Township Park and Recreation Board
- Chairman, Board Member, of not for profit company, “Friends of Summer Stage,” concert event series for East Whiteland Township
- Recently obtained defense verdict in jury trial representing construction company in litigation involving stucco.
- Recently obtained defense verdict in jury trial representing construction company in connection with claims for alleged foundation defects.
- Obtained favorable settlement for home owner in severe dog bite matter causing the death of Plaintiff.
- Represented either the home owner, home owner association, property manager, commercial property owner, contractor, snow removal contractor or commercial tenant in multiple premises liability matters involving snow, ice, and other defects.
- Obtained favorable settlement for vehicular death matter involving trucking industry.
- Represented contractors for Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law claims through bench trial.
- Obtained three defense jury trial verdicts in Montgomery County in four weeks.
- Represented developer involving dispute regarding contractor’s faulty installation of new sewer main and connections to development.
On March 18, 2020, the President signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) into law. The information contained herein comes from the text of the FFCRA as well as a Department of Labor posting guidance dated March 24, 2020. For DOL Q&A, click here. The FFCRA establishes a right to paid sick leave for…
We are proud to announce that Matthew McGuire obtained a very favorable verdict following a one week civil jury trial in Montgomery County, PA. Plaintiff was leaving a restaurant to smoke a cigarette. Plaintiff noticed construction debris on the ground in her path. Despite seeing the debris, the Plaintiff stepped on it, tripped and fell,…
Matthew McGuire recently obtained a full defense verdict in a jury trial in Delaware County. The lawsuit involved water infiltration through windows and stucco in a newly constructed home. Our client was a builder that worked on the framing of the home. Our client was hired by the owner directly after the general contractor became…